So it’s the Easter Holidays again, we’re pretty sure this time of year creeps up on us even faster than Christmas.
Thanks to the past few days of beautiful weather, everyone’s in a good mood and looking for sun friendly activities to keep the kids entertained over Easter.
We’ve got a few budget-friendly ideas for you and your family to enjoy a fun filled week or weekend. If you don’t hear from us for a while then we’re probably in a chocolate induced coma from idea number 3…
- Arts and Crafts - these were great in school and can be tailored for all ages. You can make anything from Bunny Bookmarks to Painted Easter eggs. And it will keep your children (and you) entertained for ages.
- Bike ride, anyone? - Why not tackle two birds with one stone and do something healthy whilst enjoying the weather? (Before we go back to grey skies and rain next week). Family bike rides are a fantastic way of bonding, getting some exercise for everyone and enjoying your surroundings. You could even get your kids to buy their own helmet with their goHenry card…
- Join a Cadbury’s Easter Egg Hunt - Cadburys are doing over 300 easter egg hunts at loads of different National Trust locations. Click here to find which is nearest to you.
- Family cinema trip - Vue cinema’s are currently doing a Mini Mornings deal where you go to the cinema in the morning, and you can purchase tickets for £2.49 for kids aged 2 - 12.
- Merlin Entertainments Attractions - you may or may not know that goHenry customers get discounted ticket prices to ALL Merlin attractions. You can sing with Shrek, take selfies with statues, or conquer your fear of heights on the London eye for up to 50% off.
- Visit a local farm - this time of year, Farms around the country will be opening those gates and welcoming families to come in and play with the baby animals, milk some cows and feed some goats. It might sound a little more directed at the younger kids, but we challenge you, at any age, to be able to go a whole day without squealing “awwwww” and taking a baby goat selfie.
- Easter cooking - If you’re brave enough to let your kids loose in the kitchen, the BBC have some brilliant ideas for Easter themed cooking for kids here - just be prepared to clear up armageddon style mess afterwards.
- Get Wicked - At the moment there’s loads of discounted tickets for the one and only show Wicked in theatres. If you live in or near London, or fancy a trip there, why not go and see one of the most famous and well loved shows in the world.